The purpose of the Mary Louise Andrews Award is to support basic research in any area of cancer research. Funds are provided by the Mary Louise Andrews Trust. Multiple awards not to exceed $3,000 are expected to be made annually.
Eligibility: Individuals or teams from units/departments in institutions of higher education (i.e., universities, colleges, and medical schools) or other non-profit organizations with an active academic association in the Commonwealth of Virginia are eligible to submit proposals. Each investigator must be a full-time faculty member or equivalent if non-academic. Full time graduate students and research associates may apply as co-investigators.
- The application/proposal for the Mary Louise Andrews Award must be completed.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is April 1, 2017. Notices of awards will be made about June 1, 2017.
- Awards will be made in amounts up to $3,000 each.
- Any future publications resulting from these funds must acknowledge support from the Mary Louise Andrews Award for Cancer Research through the Virginia Academy of Science.
- The authorized institutional representative must sign off on the proposal and indicate how funds are to be transmitted, should the proposal be successful.
Applicants should submit the completed Application for the Mary Louise Andrews Award for Cancer Research (in either electronic or print format) to Dr. Christopher Labosier no later than Saturday, 1 April 2017. Submit electronic version to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, contact either Christopher Labosier (email@example.com or 434-395-2574) or Philip Sheridan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-864-1451).